For the shopping system Shopify is already existing an application. This contains:
- Configuration of the Conversion and Lead Trackers for Google and Facebook
- Setup of the interface for Google Shopping and Remarketing
This document describes how to install and to configure the easymarketing app for shopify webshops. The easymarketing app allows you to use easymarketing's automated marketing services. The easymarketing app has to be installed to your shopify Webshop, it then handles the communication between your shop and easymarketing's services.
After installation and configuration of the app you can use easymarketing's automated services for promoting your products via Google Shopping, Remarketing, AdWords and Facebook Ads. Furthermore, the app installs all the conversion trackers that are required for the different platforms that you want to use.
The conversion trackers register all purchases in your Webshop, so you can easily analyze your campaigns performance. The collected data is also used to automatically enhance your campaigns.
First Installation of the app
- Log-in to your shopify backend and open the “Apps” menu.
- Click “Visit the App Store”, then search for “easymarketing” and install the app.
- Click the easymarketing app in your “Apps” menu, your web browser will open and present this window:
- Fill in the URL of your Webshop.
- Click “Install”. You will be redirected to your shopify backend.
- Click “Install easymarketing integration”, the app will be installed to your shopify backend and you will be forwarded to the app’s settings page.
- Click “Integrate with EM”. You will be forwarded to the login page of your easymarketing account.
- Log in to your easymarketing account (or create a new one, if you are not registered yet).
- After you have logged in successfully you will be redirected to the easymarketing app’s settings page and the API token will be inserted automatically. Now you can proceed to configure the app.
Configuring the app
If the app was installed successfully, you have to configure it as described below:
- If the app’s settings page is not already open, navigate to the “Apps” menu in your shopify backend and click the link “easymarketing integration” in order to open the app’s settings page.
Activation of the required Conversion trackers
It is highly recommended to activate the Google Tracking for your Webshop. The collected data is used to optimize your campaigns. The Google Tracking option will install the Conversion and the Lead Trackers, the Conversion Tracker will register all purchases while the Lead Tracking will register if a customer uses the contact form. Additionally the Lead Tracking will track any customer accessing the page which contains the delivery and payment options.
By comparing conversions and leads you can see if customers often cancel the order process, as soon as they have to choose delivery and payment options. In this case your website probably doesn't offer the options desired by the customer.
Furthermore you should activate Google Remarketing and / or Facebook Tracking if you want to use these marketing instruments.
If you want to use Google Shopping, you will also have to activate the Google Site Verification.
Please proceed as described below in order to activate the required Conversion trackers:
- Log in to your shopify backend.
- Open the menu „Apps“.
- Click the “easymarketing Integration” link.
- Check the boxes of all Conversion trackers you want to use.
- If you want to use Google Shopping, check the box “Google Site Verification”.
- Click the “Save” button.
The code snippets for Conversion Tracking and the Meta-Tag for Google Site Verification will be downloaded from your easymarketing account and automatically integrated with your Webshop.
Configuring shipping settings
Now you have to configure your shipping settings for Google Shopping.
Please proceed as described below in order to configure your shipping settings:
- Within your shopify backend, open the easymarketing app and afterwards the tab “Shipping Rates”.
- Click the button “Add new shipping rate”.
Please fill in a name for the new profile.
Choose the country for the new profile from the pull-down menu.
Choose the appropriate criteria for the calculation of shipping rates from the pull-down menu (based on the article’s weight or price).
Define the range for the chosen criteria, i.e. if you have chosen “price”, you can define that all articles within the defined price range will be shipped for a certain fee.
Click the “Save” button.
Add more shipping rates for other price ranges or countries, if necessary (click “Save” each time you added a new range).
Assigning Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories
It is highly recommended to assign your existing Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories. Providing Google Shopping categories for all articles improves the quality of the data feed and therefore the performance of your Shopping campaign.
Please proceed as described below in order to assign your Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories:
- Within your shopify backend, open the easymarketing app and afterwards the tab “Import”.
- Click the button “Start Import”, this will import all categories and products from your Webshop.
- As soon as the import progress has finished, open the tab “Categories”.
- Click the name of the category you want to assign.
- Choose the category from the pull-down menu that matches your Webshop category and click “Save”.
- Repeat step 5 until all Webshop categories were assigned to the matching Google Shopping categories.
Configuring your products for Google Shopping
- Within your shopify backend, open the easymarketing app and afterwards the tab “Products”.
- If you have not already imported the products and categories, please click the “Import” link and wait until the products have been imported from your Webshop.
Bulk editing of products
The product list offers a powerful bulk editing functionality, which can be used to active / deactivate and edit products attributes for several products at one. In order to do so, you have to select the products that should be bulk edited first.
Products can be selected manually by simply checking the select boxes in the corresponding lines. Additionally, you can select all products or only those products that match certain criteria. If you want to select several products by criteria you can use the product filter fields above the product list.
Please proceed as described below in order to select products for bulk editing:
- Selecting / deselecting all products at once
Check the box next to the column “Name” in order to select all products at once.
Uncheck the box if you want to deselect all products at once.
Manual selection of products
Search the product list for those products you want to select / deselect and check the corresponding boxes.
Selecting products using product filters
a. You can filter the product list by “Name”, “Category”, “Price” and “Google Shopping”. Simply type the name, category or price range in the corresponding input field. The “Google Shopping” input field accepts only “yes” or “no” and then filters all products that were activated / deactivated for Google Shopping. Filters can be combined.
Example: If you want to filter all products with a price higher than €20.-, type >20 in the “Price” input field.
b. To select all the filtered products at one, check the box next to the column “Name”.
Please proceed as described below in order bulk edit all selected products at once:
- After you have selected the products that you want to bulk edit, click “Edit multiple products (x selected)”
Choose the attribute that you want to bulk edit from the list (i.e. “Condition”). A pop-up window will open and offer you an input field or a pull down menu where you can enter or select the desired value.
After you have selected the desired value, please click “Save”.
Manual editing of a single product
Not all attributes are suitable for bulk editing. Values as MPN (manufacturer part number) have to be unique, so you would have to select and edit the products one by one.
Please proceed as described below in order to manually edit a single product:
- Simply click the product’s name to open the editor.
- Edit/choose the desired attributes and click “Save” when you are finished.
List of all Google Shopping attributes (applies to bulk and manual editing of products)
PLEASE NOTE: You should provide as many Google Shopping attributes as possible, this will enhance the quality of your data feed and therefore the Shopping Campaign’s performance. Some of the attributes are mandatory, please refer to Google Shopping Feed Specification for more information: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en
Publish this product on Google Shopping: Check this box if the product should be advertised on Google Shopping. In bulk editing mode, please choose “Google Shopping” from the pull-down menu.
Name: The product’s name (derived from the name in your Webshop).
Description: The product’s description (derived from the description in your Webshop).
Price: The product’s price (derived from the price in your Webshop).
Manufacturer: The product’s brand/manufacturer (derived from the manufacturer in your Webshop).
Global Trade ID (GTIN / Barcode): The product’s GTIN (i.e. EAN, UPC, JAN) (derived from the GTIN in your Webshop).
Categories: The category of the product (derived from the category in your Webshop).
This product doesn't have a global trade id (GTIN / Barcode): Check this box, if no GTIN / Barcode is available for this product. PLEASE NOTE: This should only be checked, if there is no GTIN and no MPN and manufacturer/brand information available. If you don’t have a GTIN, but MPN and manufacturer/brand are available, the combination of manufacturer/brand and MPN can be used for identification of the products and this box should not be checked.
MPN (Manufacturer Part Number): The part number provided by the product’s manufacturer.
Condition: Describes the condition of the product. Valid values: “New”, “Refurbished”, “Used”.
Google Category: The Google Category the product should be listed in. You can choose the category manually from the pull-down menu for each single product. If you already assigned your Webshop’s categories to Google Categories (see page 5: “Assigning Webshop categories to Google Shopping categories”) you can choose “Derive from Shop Category”.
Gender: Choose the appropriate gender for the product, if it is suitable for both genders choose “Unisex”.
Age group: Choose the age group the product is suitable for.
For adults only: Check this box, if the product is suitable for adults only (i.e. alcohol).
Color: This is used for products which can be ordered in different colors (variants of one base product). The value is derived from your Webshop, as soon as you have mapped your Webshop variant options to Google Shopping variant options, see page 9, “Mapping variant options”.
Size: This is used for products which can be ordered in different sizes (variants of one base product). The value is derived from your Webshop, as soon as you have mapped your Webshop variant options to Google Shopping variant options, see page 9, “Mapping variant options”.
Size type: This is used for apparel / clothing products and describes the type of cut (i.e. “regular”). Please select the corresponding value from the pull-down menu.
Size system: This is used for apparel / clothing products and describes the size system that is used (i.e. “EU”, “US”..). Please select the corresponding value from the pull-down menu.
Material: Describes the material the product is made of (i.e. “Cotton”).
Pattern: Describes the pattern of the product (if any, i.e. “Striped”, “Polka Dot”..)
Mapping variant options
If you are selling different variants of one base product, you have to map the variant options from your Webshop to Google Shopping variant options. All variant options that you are using in your Webshop will be offered for mapping.
Please proceed as described below in order to map your variant options:
- Within your shopify backend, open the easymarketing app and afterwards the tab “Mapping”.
- Your variant options will be listed, choose the corresponding Google Shopping variant options from the pull-down menus.
Click “Save” after you have mapped all variant options.