It is highly recommended to assign your existing webshop categories to Google Shopping categories.
Providing Google Shopping categories for all articles improves the quality of the data feed and
therefore the performance of your Shopping campaign.
Please proceed as described below in order to assign your webshop categories to Google Shopping categories:
1. Within your shopify backend, navigate to "Apps" and select the easymarketing module from the list of installed apps:
2. Open the easymarketing app and afterwards select the tab "Import". Click the button "Start Import" as this will import all categories and products from your Webshop:
3. As soon as the import progress has finished, open the tab "Categories":
4. Click on the name of the category you want to assign (e.g. 'Frontpage'):
5. Choose the category from the pull-down menu that matches your Webshop category and
6. Repeat step 5 until all Webshop categories are assigned to the matching Google Shopping