Google Shopping is used by most users as a price comparison platform. Items advertised by competitors on Google Shopping at a lower price are therefore difficult to sell, but they often cause a lot of costs.
With the easymarketing Price Crawler, we offer you a unique feature that allows you to check whether your prices are competitive. For products where GTIN (EAN, UPC, JAN, ISBN) are available an automated price comparison can be performed using easymarketing's innovative and unique Price Crawler. Crawling results will be shown in the product list of your easymarketing account.
If cheaper offers are found, you can either exclude these articles from advertising or adjust your sale price in your shopping cart.
For using the Price Crawler, please follow these manual:
- Go to your easymarketing account and open the menu "Products".
- First, import the performance data for all articles from AdWords. For that, scroll the product list to the right to the "Performance" column (above the column headers).
- Click on "Fetch AdWords Data":
- Wait until the import of the performance was completed. When this is finished, the "Fetch AdWords Data" button changes to "Data Up To Date":
- Scroll to the right to the "Competition" column (above the column headings).
- Click on "Crawl Prices Now", to start the price comparison
- As soon as the price comparison has been completed, the "Crawl Prices Now" button changes to "Prices Up To Date". The product list is updated automatically:
- The results of the Price Crawler can be found in the following columns:
- By clicking on a column header, you can sort the product list ascending/descending according to the desired column. For example, click twice to "Price difference (incl. shipping costs)", to sort by the articles with the highest price difference.
If you want to disable all the articles for which you have found cheaper offers advertised on Google Shopping, you can filter the product list accordingly and then use the group editing function. Proceed as follows:
- Click on "Quick Filters" left above the product list and choose "Advertised on Google" and "More expensive than competition".
- Click "Apply (x)" to get the results of all cheaper competitors advertising on Google Shopping.
- Click on the "Select all" button above the first column of the product list to select all products:
- The window for group editing of the filtered articles opens. Click on "Edit Advertise Status" and move the slider to the left:
- Click on "Update XX Product(s)" to deactivate all selected products.
Due to the high price-sensitivity in online trading, we recommend that you regularly use the price comparison function and only advertise articles that you can offer at a competitive price.
- The Price Crawler can only be used for articles with a valid manufacturer EAN.
- Prices are only queried for products that already have at least 100 ad impressions or 1 ad click.
- The Price Crawler can only be carried out once within 24 hours. After a price comparison has been started, the button for calling the prices is not available for the next 24 hours.